Dienstag, 2. September 2008

got up at 2:30

this morning.

i just was not tired anymore.

i know, i am a spiritual smalltimer, but at least i do somthing regularly!

that s what we used to call sadhana, when we were brahmacari.

SADHANA

what a nice word.

there is not much more boring as to rise late and be comepletely beside ones shoes and start the day blank without having chanted a single round.

for me at least.

let s see how i will be able to apply, when i work again. it is so tough to work in different shifts.

it s a slave galley. (or slaves galley?)
Gebloggt mit Flock Browser

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hello-

I started getting up an hour earlier to chant my rounds, and I believe it is making an impact even though I only started Sunday.

I'm doing it a little different than you- instead of chanting a fixed number of rounds, I chant for a fixed amount of time. I care for my elderly parents, so I chant until I hear my father getting up, then I go make his breakfast.

I've found that when I start early it sticks with me through the day. The Maha Mantra has begun to fill in those little gaps between activities that I used to devote to worry and speculation and other wastes of time. As I'm doing the dishes, for example, I'm thinking "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna" instead of "Gee, I hope something awful doesn't happen."

Unknown hat gesagt…

I was directed to your blog by Thomaslb.

Years ago, I would arise before dawn and, weather permitting, go outside and greet the dawn as I meditated. That was not only good discipline, but it would set a positive tone for the day. I thank you and Thomas for touching that memory. I need to regain that discipline.