Mittwoch, 3. September 2008

iron rod?

yes, again i got up at three. wasn t too difficult.

ok, my dear rascal mind, i had to use the iron rod....

but only one or two times. well, that s the benefit of watching movies. you learn how to beat sombody up...;-)

chanting hare krishna is a myth.

one may say: "how can one experience joy, by repeating over and over the same mantra?

 like we do:

HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE  HARE, HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE

there is no way to explain it. fact is: if you repeat somthing often enough, you become expert in it, whatever you do.

but how do you want to explain how honey tastes, if you just lick the bowl?
that s an expample many of us chanters often have heard.

Then, one may ask: why even after many years of chant practice, there isn t like a spiritual breakthrough?

well, there is not always a breakthrough, like an aircraft somtimes is above the sky, somtimes in the clouds.

but defenitely, there is, let me put it in this way, somtimes "divine contact." 

i may say that of my chanting, since we are talking a bit of my retreat...

yes, it was better this morning.
it s getting better...a little dawn, after a long night.

but still: much more work to do.



still more days left....
Gebloggt mit Flock Browser

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I see it a little bit differently.

When you take a puppy to the park and let him off the leash, he's likely to be so happy and joyous that he'll run off, and maybe go places he shouldn't, so you have to whistle and call him back.

I think likewise japa meditation is so liberating and joyous that the mind sometimes goes wandering off, and you have to call it back.

Aruna hat gesagt…

Well I can say that this post enthuse me also to wake up earlier. I did it yesterday and chanted all my rounds before work. Everyone at home have their beads, but only me and my brother wake up early, so its also another good help. My son arrived from Mayapur gurukul and is also a motivation. Its very important to always stick to what gives us strengh to wake up and chant.
Thanks one more time your words are helping me too.

Hare Krsna

Aruna dd